Re: sql-99 array type

From: Kenneth Downs <knode.wants.this_at_see.sigblock>
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 13:06:10 -0400

Darnel Castnblast wrote:

> Are there any databases that have implemented the
> array type, found in the sql-099 spec?

PostgreSQL supports array type columns.

> If so, this would make automated GUI form
> generation (matching a schema) almost trivial.

Our GUI form generation has surpassed trivial and gone to *free*, as in zero coding for all standard table maintenance tasks. But we did that with a data dictionary, not with data types.

If I understand what you are after, child lists, we did that by having the GUI be acutely aware of foreign keys, providing links labeled "more detail" that drill into child tables, and "more info" links next to foreign key columns that bring you to the particular row in the parent table.

--
Kenneth Downs
Secure Data Software, Inc.