QRe: Bob's 'Self-aggrandizing ignorant' Count: Was: What databases have taught me

From: Michael Gaab <mike-g_at_montana.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 07:07:04 -0600

"Keith H Duggar" <duggar_at_alum.mit.edu> wrote in message news:1151745359.987862.87340_at_m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com...
> Robert Martin wrote:
>> Please notice how the use of insults diverts the topic
>> from the real issues to the insults themselves. I suggest
>> that this simply confirms what a waste the use of insults
>> truly is.

Amen.

> We have been over this before. They are diverting only for
> those unable to maintain mental focus on logical content. If
> you feel insulted why not simply ignore the putative insults?
> Why falsely claim insults that are not part of the argument
> are ad hominem?

Please not that one again.

>Why not follow the advice I gave: focus on
> logic /both/ when sending /and/ receiving?

The insults reduce the effectiveness of the arguer. They reduce the arguer's credibility regardless of how well the argument is presented.

If I had a vote I would filter posts with insults as a first resort and if need be the poster themselves until they got their act together.

This is no place for insults. It is a forumn where all can learn regardless of there experience, background or IQ.

Mike