Re: Unpredictable programming

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 30 Jun 2006 10:53:55 -0700

Jay Dee wrote:

> This post inspired me to paw through the litter box at TinCat -
> to see what new scat has emerged - where I came across this
> curious blog entry:
>
> http://www.tincat-group.com/mewsings/2006/04/pascal-loses-wager.html
>
> I remember the exchange but I don't recall a wager and I can't
> figure out how someone determined who won the wager.
>
> (Curiosity, you know...)

I believe she is making something of a pun on "Pascal's Wager."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal%27s_wager

Not the same Pascal, of course.

(I've never been too impressed with Pascal's Wager, and as far as I'm concerned, the whole idea can go to blaises.)

Marshall Received on Fri Jun 30 2006 - 12:53:55 CDT