Re: What databases have taught me

From: Robert Martin <>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 08:17:24 -0700

On 2006-06-23 10:00:32 -0700, "Aloha Kakuikanu" <> said:

> queisser wrote:

>> Things like "devices" or "windows" or "customers" can be reasonable
>> classes in a hierarchy but at the top level things are not as clear.

> I challenge the idea that customer is a usefull class. What kind of
> methods does it have other than "getName" "setName" and alike?

That depends upon the application. In some applications there might be business rules deeply associated with the customer. In others, a customer is nothing but a data carrier that has no rules associated with it.

Robert C. Martin (Uncle Bob)  | email:
Object Mentor Inc.            | blog:
The Agile Transition Experts  | web:
800-338-6716                  |