Re: OO solution?

From: Aloha Kakuikanu <aloha.kakuikanu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 Jun 2006 13:29:50 -0700

kvnkrkptrck_at_gmail.com wrote:
> In keeping with other discussions in cdt, I can't help but wonder if it
> wouldn't be cleaner to use an OO solution. Just create a Document
> class, and an abstract Viewer class extended by a Group class and a
> User class. Each Document object can maintain a list of Viewers which
> can view it. Each Viewer object can maintain a list of Documents which
> it can view; each Group object can store a list of users that are a
> part of it; applicable monadic properties for User objects is left as
> an exercise.
>
> I'll bet the application code would all but write itself. Plus, you
> can encapsulate these properties and then expose Document methods of
> canView(Viewer v) or Viewer methods of makeDocumentViewable(Document
> d)... the cool thing is you can carefully change the underlying
> implementation of such methods without breaking any code that calls
> them.

I must admit I feel like humor impared too. For future can you please make it little bit more obvious? For example, introduce a DocumentManager class. Then, Manager'sManager. Then argue that DocumentPermission is unnecessary and can be handled transparrently via magic object access keywords ("private", "protected"). Received on Tue Jun 27 2006 - 22:29:50 CEST

Original text of this message