From: <frebe73_at_gmail.com>
Date: 13 Jun 2006 11:01:50 -0700

> >> No knowledge of the *physical* schema. E.g. the table names, column
> >> names, relationship tables, data forms, etc, etc.
> > What is physical about names ?
> You never change a column name?

You don't change the name of a column by the same reason why you don't change a method name in an interface. What is the benefits with changing a column name? If you really need to change column (or table) names, I suggest the use of constants while building your SQL statements, or a framework (such as butler.sourceforge.net) that allows you to change names at any time. Or just go to the Edit menu and choose Search/Replace.

Fredrik Bertilsson
http://moonbird.sourceforge.net Received on Tue Jun 13 2006 - 20:01:50 CEST

Original text of this message