From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 7 Jun 2006 10:51:07 -0700

bruno at modulix wrote:

> Had you paid any attention to what I
> wrote, you would have understand that you're actually talking about some
> other (existing or fantasmatic) person - but not about me.

In colloquial English, the indefinite pronoun "one" has almost entirely been replaced by the definite pronoun "you", even for use with an indefinite person. So much so that when one uses "one" one appears somewhat stuffy. When I said "you" in most of what you quoted, I meant exactly "some other (existing or fantasmatic) person" and not bruno at modulix.

Marshall Received on Wed Jun 07 2006 - 12:51:07 CDT