From: Sasa <sasa555_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 17:46:26 +0200

Bob Badour wrote:
> This 'domain logic' to which you refer. What does it do that is not
> entering, manipulating, reporting or deriving data? Of that which
> remains, what does not interface with the external world through some
> device or another?

I'm not sure what are you asking me. To me, very rough examples of domain logic could include:

etc.

The rough general description, as I see it, would be that domain logic consists of data and behavior. I think that OOP advantage is the possibility to combine data and behavior, together with fairly rich reuse and decoupling mechanisms.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Being relatively inexperienced and having worked most of my programming life with OOP I am aware that I'm possibly misleaded, and I'm open to any alternatives - so any counter arguments, alternatives, links, references, etc. are very welcome.

Sasa Received on Fri Jun 02 2006 - 17:46:26 CEST

Original text of this message