From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1 Jun 2006 08:22:08 -0700

<<You underestimate the power of a good formalism.>> I am not sure what you intend by *good formalism*...If by *formalism* you mean *coherence* then I totally agree...(Thanks for clarifying this for I may have misunderstood)

Because of its coherence, I realized that the thinking mechanism and semantics that allows to build SQL statements probably meets logic of extraction requirements better than any other language. My impression however is that it does not sufficiently drive better in memory implementation R Tables and even goes counterstream to a real independence between the logical and physical layer. In a word, I am under the impression that SQL (which was not initially thought of as it is now) is becoming a limitation of the relational model. Which is why a question may be asked which is: can OO bring something to that? I kept hearing about OO fuss about so many years that I am interested now as what it may concretely bring to relational implementation... For instance inheritance is something that may prove extremely useful in the implementation of subtype/supertype RTables.

What is your thought about that? Thank you for your feedback..