Re: Why all the max length constraints?

From: David Cressey <dcressey_at_verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 15:23:57 GMT

"Tony D" <tonyisyourpal_at_netscape.net> wrote in message news:1148915599.805242.80480_at_y43g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

> The sad part is that no-one seems to have gone much beyond the disk
> image method of representing tables (unless you count TRM, which is a
> subject kicked to death on another thread recently).

I don't understand the term "disk image method of representing tables".

Are you referring to some sort of "virtual records storage system" where each record represents a row of a table? Or is it something different?

Didn't Firebird implement tables quite differently? Received on Mon May 29 2006 - 17:23:57 CEST

Original text of this message