Re: Infinity and indefinite extensibility

From: x <x_at_not-exists.org>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 11:22:41 +0300

"David Cressey" <dcressey_at_verizon.net> wrote in message news:jP4cg.1103$J95.591_at_trndny05...

> "-CELKO-" <jcelko212_at_earthlink.net> wrote in message

> > If you have a test for set membership that meets certain conditions,
> > then you do not need to mateiralize the whole set.

> Now we're getting somewhere. The question I have is whether the
> representation of an infinite domain in a finite set of conditions is
> sufficiently formal to permit one to operate on infinite domains in a
finite
> state machine.

Any two segments of some straight lines in a plane have the same number of points.
And all the points are the same.
But somehow some peoples manage to distinguish the segments. I don't know how they do that and why. They should know it cannot be done. Where would they find straight lines and planes in the real world ? Received on Mon May 22 2006 - 10:22:41 CEST

Original text of this message