Re: Impossible Database Design?

From: Nikolai Onken <nikolai.onken_at_gmail.com>
Date: 19 May 2006 00:31:34 -0700

> I invented a tiny language that had some tokens for "beginning of"
> and "end of" various things, some "first" and "last" qualifiers,

Did you also implement some sort of recursion so you can support things like eveery 1st monday and every 3rd tuesday.. Probably its easiest though to make two rules out of it..

> Man, talk about awkward! substr() this and instr() that and those
> stinky loop; exit when; end loop;

I'll definitely give it a try and write my own little engine. Most important is that its extendable... Weird, but isn't there anything like that already somewhere viewable on some website? If not I'll make my engine public once its somehow working.. Received on Fri May 19 2006 - 09:31:34 CEST

Original text of this message