Re: TRM - Morbidity has set in, or not?

From: dawn <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com>
Date: 17 May 2006 05:19:51 -0700

David Cressey wrote:
> "dawn" <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> > I recognize I'm a heretic among relational theorists, and I also know
> > what happens to heretics.
>
> When a heretic turns out to have been right, we remember. When a heretic
> turns out to have been wrong, we forget.
> This creates a skewed perspective on the inherent value of heresy.
>
> My response to your writings has NOT been keyed on whether or not it was
> heretical. It's been keyed on whether or not it squares with my own
> experience. You say that your experiences have led you to some hunches that
> you cannot prove. However, your experiences, as you describe them here,
> have run afoul of some cost consuming snags that I haven't run afoul of.
>
> In all the years I have been reading what you write, you have yet to
> pinpoint a reason why I should be dissatisfied with what I think I have
> learned. That's why I remain skeptical. It has nothing to do with either
> group think or heresy.

Fair enough, David. As I've mentioned, I'm not here to convince cdt'ers other than as needed to push myself further, learning vocabulary and concepts and refining my own opinions on related topics.  On the other hand, I started the blog with an interest in influencing others and know that I'm not yet at the point (and might never be) where you might have any take-aways from it.

Hearing your experiences and other differing experiences has been helpful. For example, I have thought many times about what made datatrieve (as little as I can recall of it) such a nice tool. I was going to ask you again to recall what might have been better about it than SQL, for example, although that should likely be in a new thread. Thanks. --dawn Received on Wed May 17 2006 - 14:19:51 CEST

Original text of this message