Re: TRM - Morbidity has set in, or not?

From: Roy Hann <specially_at_processed.almost.meat>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 16:52:45 +0100

"Frank Hamersley" <terabitemightbe_at_bigpond.com> wrote in message news:yGH9g.3891$S7.864_at_news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> Roy Hann wrote:
>> "Frank Hamersley" <terabitemightbe_at_bigpond.com> wrote
>>
>> I admit I don't understand why I feel moved to rebut an ad hominem (and
>> wholly irrelevant) attack on someone else, but here goes anyway.
>
> AH attack on who exactly?

Oh dear, we can't even agree we're talking about Fabian Pascal? I can see this is going to be a real short conversation.

> Does mentioning someone by name qualify a post as AH these days?

Well I sure didn't see any abstract truth being attacked, so what else is it?

>>> i.e. the antithesis of his tormentors, and further that he is also
>>> "boastful" given his preparedness to operate dbdebunk.
>>
>> So everyone who is moved to operate a website for the instruction and
>> information of others is boastful?
>
> Basically anyone who publicly belittles and humiliates those who they
> consider less capable or wrongly informed risks being tagged.

That's not the argument you used to conclude he is boastful. You wrote "he is also 'boastful' given his preparedness to operate dbdebunk."

> Sure its hard to modify a stance when we are strongly convinced of it, but
> sometimes a little decorum goes a long way.
>
>> What about those who write books? Articles? Who lecture? Who teach?
>> Just how much humility is enough to qualify you venture out in public
>> then?
>
> You are taking the piss!

No, I really don't think I am. I'm just drawing some reasonable conclusions from what you actually wrote. Maybe what you wrote wasn't what you intended to say, or was incomplete?

[Much puzzling but probably unimportant stuff snipped.]

Roy Received on Sun May 14 2006 - 17:52:45 CEST

Original text of this message