Re: TRM - Morbidity has set in, or not?

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 15:38:53 GMT

David Cressey wrote:
> "dawn" <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
>

>>that included a picture of an ass.  That is/was my entire punch as best
>>I recall.  I do not wish the man ill, and given his approach to fellow
>>travelers he seems a sad sort, but I would prefer not to continue to
>>take his kicks and I know that others feel the same way.  (Yes, I said
>>the word "feel" although I know that is not part of the active
>>vocabulary of everyone here.)

One wonders why she feels it appropriate to intrude in the first place? By ignoring substantive responses to her drivel, whether due to intent or capability, and by continuing to repeat defeated arguments, she very much intrudes where she has no place or business.

> Speaking just for myself, I disagree.
>
> My active vocabulary includes both "think" and "feel". I try not to use
> them as interchangeable concepts.
> Many people in today's society do just that, and cheapen both concepts in
> the process.

I am not sure who you think you refer to. I do not use them as interchangeable concepts, neither does Fabian, and I am not aware of anyone here who does. Certainly, I agree many people abuse the verb 'to think' when they have no intention of thinking.

> I'm not sure about any other c.d.t. regulars. It wouldn't surprise me if
> "the leisure of the theory class" consisted mainly in thinking.

Theory is an intellectual topic where feelings are mostly irrelevant. The fact that people seldom express feelings with respect to theory says nothing about their emotional capacity. Emotions do come into play to recognize aesthetics and elegance.

I have found few people who are intellectually damaged who want to hear that fact. When one considers that the intellectually damaged lack the capacity to understand that damage, one can only expect them to feel greater and greater frustration as they refuse to accept the one cognition that will overcome their cognitive dissonance.

The more Dawn fobs her ignorant drivel onto others, the more she demonstrates her intellectual damage. Presumably she is trying to demonstrate her intellectual strength and seeks recognition instead of the inevitable rejection.

In short, whether Dawn feels any emotional discomfort is entirely under her own control: "Doctor! Doctor! It hurts when I do that!" Received on Sat May 13 2006 - 17:38:53 CEST

Original text of this message