From: Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_ucantrade.com.NOTHERE>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:19:32 -0700

On 27 Apr 2006 17:30:44 -0700, "JOG" <jog_at_cs.nott.ac.uk> wrote:

[snip]

>Often because they work well on paper, and we are still traditionally
>tied to these constraints.
>
>Family trees for instance. Hardly hierarchical but construed as such
>due to the conventions of paper. For instance the Queen and Prince
>Phillip have common ancestors, although this is (conveniently)
>unobtainable information from the official royal 'hierarchy'.

     Yes, because they are cousins (third cousins, I believe). Do you know any of your third cousins? I do not know any of mine, but I suppose I could track some down if I asked my grandma. Other than that, not easily. Nobles' family trees are much more readily available.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko Received on Fri Apr 28 2006 - 18:19:32 CEST

Original text of this message