Re: efficient compare

From: Andersen <andersen_800_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 21:42:06 +0200

David Cressey wrote:

> The log files can be truncated whenever a synchonization has been acheived
> for sure, or am I wrong?

You cannot do that as you might want to synchronize with someone else. We will have hundreds of nodes, and each will occasionally synchronize with each other. If you at any time leave the system without altering any data, they should all eventually converge to have the union of all the same data.

> Also, if there are more than two nodes, can't you designate one node as the
> "hub" and have all the others synchronize to it?

No, do not want a centralized algorithm for many reasons. Received on Thu Apr 27 2006 - 21:42:06 CEST

Original text of this message