From: Sasa <sasa555_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 21:58:37 +0200

Nick Malik [Microsoft] wrote:
> I'm convinced that the greatest future for Prolog is in framework
> implementations like P#, where the prolog language can be used by C# and can
> use C# objects, which gives you access to all of the features of an
> object-oriented language that is closely allied with commercial RDBMS and
> XML heirarchical data models, and all the geeky stuff that we talk about in
> programming forums. That way, you can use Prolog for the things that it
> does well, but for the rest of the problem, use C#, and through C#, use all
> the other stuff.

Exactly! It's about "synergy" of various paradigms, languages and technologies. It's happening already (e.g. OOP+RDBMS or HTML + JScript + OOP) and I think it's the way languages should be treated - not as a single development platform, but rather as a technology to solve part of the problem in the entire solution which is comprised of more languages. Received on Sat Apr 22 2006 - 14:58:37 CDT