Re: THe OverRelational Manifesto (ORM)

From: Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_ucantrade.com.NOTHERE>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 11:11:04 -0700

On 20 Apr 2006 10:57:23 -0700, "Marshall Spight" <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>Bob Badour wrote:

[snip]

>I am the champion only of politeness.

     I go to technical newsgroups for technical correctness. Without that, they are useless.

[snip]

>I really, really, REALLY thought it did. My heart sank when you
>returned. I knew the amount of substantive discussion would
>go way down, and it did.

     Maybe, that has more to do with Neo being back, among other things.

[snip]

>The most valuable members of the newsgroup, though, are
>the ones who are the most patient and the most educated.
>This week, that would not include either of us, sadly.

     I like a technical newsgroup to have technically correct data. Blowing off the obfuscators, the just plain wrong are pluses to me.

[snip]

>Politeness. Civil discourse. An end to ad hominem attacks, and
>a return to on-topic, substantive discussion of data management.
>I do not particularly expect this to happen, but I have some
>modest hope.

     And since anyone can talk BS without getting effectively called on it by your standards, your modest hope will likely postdate several future blue moons.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko Received on Thu Apr 20 2006 - 20:11:04 CEST

Original text of this message