Re: THe OverRelational Manifesto (ORM)

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 17:18:04 GMT

Marshall Spight wrote:

> Dave Greenwood wrote:
>

>>Marshall  Spight wrote:
>>

> Certainly I have no clue who he is or what he does. I don't pretend
> to. I only observe what he writes. Since he's not present, I will
> go out on a limb and assert that what he writes is rude, and I wish
> he wouldn't be that way. (I have seen him taken to task for it on
> a variety of newsgroups.) On the other hand, his writing is
> intellectually compelling. I think [Costin] is the only person on this
> newsgroup I can think of who has mentioned formal methods,
> and has provided pointers to further reading on same.

I suggest a simple google search on any of the following terms refutes your thesis: "lambda", "predicate calculus", "type theory", "functional programming", "state machine", "bisimulation", "denotational semantics",   "rewriting", "set theory", "code analysis", "temporal logic".

Costin's rudeness does not impeach him. The all too frequent flaws in his reasoning and his anti-empiricism do. Received on Thu Apr 20 2006 - 19:18:04 CEST

Original text of this message