Re: THe OverRelational Manifesto (ORM)

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 15:24:25 GMT

Alfredo Novoa wrote:

>>So I propose a thought experiment: what if there
>>were a person who was smarter than either you or I, and also
>>at the same time, better educated than either of us. Better able
>>to discuss logic, type theory, formal methods, and relational
>>aspects of same than either of us. And, at the same time, this
>>person was horribly rude to people on occasion, when he thought
>>their ideas were unsound. This would be a person who better
>>embodied the Bob Badour ideal than even you. I propose that
>>if your thesis about rudeness being okay was sound, then you
>>would really like this person.

> This is what Bob is to me, and I like him even when I am the deservedly
> scolded guy :-)

Alfredo,

I have learned more than a few things from your posts. I would not be so hasty to consider me either smarter or better educated. If I post anything half-baked or just plain old wrong, you are welcome to skewer me for it.

I genuinely like just about everybody. I don't like people who go out of their way to harm others for personal gain or who knowingly do so to impose some ideology on others. Other than those few, I find just about all of us very likable. Received on Thu Apr 20 2006 - 17:24:25 CEST

Original text of this message