Re: Multiplicity, Change and MV

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 12 Apr 2006 13:32:31 -0700

> Ok. I did not followed your explanations to Bob Badour.
> I did not followed this newsgroup for all the past 5 years.

If you so desire, search Google Groups c.d., c.d.o. and c.d.t. using words such as "Neo", "Badour", NULLs, normalization, redundant, etc.

> > And within RM's range of scope, it does so very elegantly.
>
> What is the difference between range and scope ?

My use of "range" and "scope" appears to have been fuzzy. In the context of a tool/methodology, I meant to use the word "scope" to define the range of problems/applications for which it can provide practical solutions. Thus the scope of a size 8 mm wrench would be nuts of size 8 mm (-+ some tolerance). The scope of a single adjustable wrench might be nuts from size 1 to 20 mm. The scope of a similar size pair of pliers might be even larger as it not only handles nut sizes 1 to 20 mm, but the nut head can be of irregular shapes. If someone can suggest better terminology, I would appreciate it.

> > ... in this rough analogy, RM is the wrench set ...
>
> I think you talk about SQL here, not about RM.

While SQL itself probably has some limitations, the underlying source is the RM model itself. This also I have discussed at length in prior threads and have no desire to do currently.

> > Please post a RM script and a few typical queries ...
>
> I cannot post a RM script, sorry. :-)

Could your post the reason why?

> ... I don't think you have something new.

Thus far, it doesn't appear to me that you are qualified to make the above evaluation because you haven't posted any concrete scripts/solutions to problems that I asserted are impractical in RM in several recent c.d.t. threads. But it is good that you have a skeptical mind :) Received on Wed Apr 12 2006 - 22:32:31 CEST

Original text of this message