Re: The stupidest design I ever saw

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11 Apr 2006 14:19:01 -0700

> What is wrong with deleting the is-a(doctor,human) from the is-a relation
> and adding the is-a(alien,doctor) ?

I didn't understand your suggestion completely. Could you post the resulting hierarchy after adding alien-doctor bill. Below is the original class hierarchy, prior to encountering alien-doctor bill.

human

__engineer
____bob
__doctor
____sue

> > ... there is an indirect/derivable, but no direct, relationship between classes human and doctor.

> Why is is-a relation an indirect relation?

I did not assert is-a relation is indirect. I asserted that there is an indirect/derivable, but not direct, relationship between classes human and doctor. I prefer to withdraw this assertion as it will likely become an end-less discussion involving the definition of indirect/derivable, direct, relationship, etc. Received on Tue Apr 11 2006 - 23:19:01 CEST

Original text of this message