Re: Interesting article: In the Beginning: An RDBMS history

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 00:44:22 GMT

x wrote:
> http://www.teradata.com/t/go.aspx/index.html?id=127057

I notice Colin White mentioned 1,000 pages of SQL standard, which I've seen something to the effect of before.

Also read somewhere that nowhere does it mention 'relations'. Is anybody able to confirm this?

(If so, I'm not sure why SQL products claim to be relational, unless they use tables for the user interface and implement relations under the covers which would make sense to me although I doubt if any of them go to that trouble. The reason I say this is that I'm pretty darn sure I've never seen a relation, except in my mind's eye.)

pc Received on Fri Mar 31 2006 - 02:44:22 CEST

Original text of this message