Re: Need some hints for a multi-language (mysql) site

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 09:33:16 GMT

Martien van Wanrooij wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> "google" for the right keywords. FYI, the site is made with php and mysql
> but obviously my question refers to the "thinking" I have to do before
> starting to write the code.
> Thanks for any help
>
> Martien.

I suggest you distinguish between text for the site itself and text that describes things in your database.

For the former, I suggest you lookup the text from an array. You can populate the array from different source files using 'include' or 'require'.

You will find the above is quite common for php i18n.

What to do for the latter will depend on your full set of requirements, which I assume would include your business process for translating the text--among other things. Received on Tue Mar 21 2006 - 03:33:16 CST