Re: Data Model

From: <matthewdavis1980_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 12 Mar 2006 16:09:56 -0800

B.Dimple,

Thanks for your reply. That's a pretty nifty website.

I'm trying to understand if the model provided is a situation, when implemented, where all of those tables exist? For example, is the
"Consolidated View" a "View" of the normalized tables, or is the
"Consolidated View" the only table that exists, but fields are left out
of the model image for brevity sake?

Here is a question for the DBA's, if this model is what I think it is, about the Inner workings of sql server. If the "Consolidated View" is in fact a view of the full relational model, does this view get cached?  When a relevant field is updated or row added, does this view execute and re-cache itself? This may be a very basic question and I'm know I could dig into the documentation and find this answer, but I'm curious as to what DBA's in practice know about this scenario. I know it's getting away from theory and no one has to answer it, but I'm just curious.

Thank you for your effort. I really appreciate it.

Matt Received on Mon Mar 13 2006 - 01:09:56 CET

Original text of this message