Re: Declarative constraints in practical terms

From: Jonathan Leffler <jleffler_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 05:18:25 GMT

x wrote:
> "dawn" <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>> Now I'm trying to sort out the difference between declarative and
>> imperative as well as the reason I would want to use one over the
>> other.

> Do you know the difference between a command and a statement ?
> I find it hard to believe that you don't know.

I'll bite - without a context, I don't know what you mean by the difference between a command and a statement. In some circles, they are essentially synonyms; in other places, they are different, but I'm not sure I'd care to characterize the difference.

What do you think the difference is?

Email: jleffler_at_earthlink.net, jleffler_at_us.ibm.com