Re: MV Keys

From: mAsterdam <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 20:43:33 +0100

David Cressey wrote:
> "mAsterdam" <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org> wrote
>

>>If I change the order of the items in the list,
>>does that make it a new key? I would think so. (See below)

> In other words, an onion and mushroom pizza is different from a mushroom and
> onion pizza.
>
> Here we go again.

Yeah, ehrm well... Is this issue closed? Is there a nice solution?

In e.g. XML the basic assumption is that order has meaning, in SQL it is that order has no meaning. Historically (XML coming from a document heritage, SQL from experiments with relational products) this makes sense, but I would prefer it if one could choose wether order is meaningful/worth preserving/relevant or not - instead of being pushed into one way of thinking or another because of the background of the product at hand. Received on Sun Feb 26 2006 - 20:43:33 CET

Original text of this message