Re: OT: writing style

From: Mark Johnson <102334.12_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 05:00:14 -0800

mAsterdam <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org> wrote:

>Mark Johnson wrote:

>>>He is not clogging up this ng, he is trying to tell you something.
>>>Read carefully: he is /not/ calling you a troll.

>> I recall that you asked me to apologize to Spight,

>Your recollection is wrong. I pointed out that he had shown
>patience and given nice explanations and that you called him
>a troll.

That's what he called me.

>I would have liked it if you had done that.

I guess you are just not getting half these message or something. That's just what I did, and then I told you, that was clearly a mistake. In short order, he became very explicit in his name calling. And I called him on it, and I should have. And by all that is right, you should be in agreement with precisely that.

>> sure he had fallen to calling people names. Shortly after I mistakenly
>> apologized,

>You did not apologize

I have certainly taken it back, given what he wrote, since. And you don't seem to show the least concern over his behavior. Not the least.

As I said:

>> apologized, his intention became clear. And I also realized that I had
>> made a mistake, and should have followed my hunch and instinct on
>> that. And I'll try not to repeat that mistake again.

>> You don't give any indication of having discovered
>> that, yourself, by the existence this very message.

>This may make perfect sense to you - but it doesn't to me

Then I don't know what to tell you. And you of all people, after talking about addressing the issues, and not the personalities, about not getting hung up on 'noise' and messages that shouldn't be posted, have posted two or three messages, now, doing just that. You have to walk the walk.

Nothing can be accomplished, this way. And if you are not getting all the messages on your news server, I have double checked on groups.google. And their archive is pretty complete, even for messages posted today, not even to mention yesterday.

So, that would be my advice. Received on Sat Feb 25 2006 - 14:00:14 CET

Original text of this message