Re: Database design

From: Mark Johnson <102334.12_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 13:59:50 -0800

Frank Hamersley <terabitemightbe_at_bigpond.com> wrote:

>Mark Johnson wrote:
>> "x" <x_at_not-exists.org> wrote:

>> I made the obvious point that academic papers tend to be criticized
>> for their trivial examples, which perhaps are hiding a problem with
>> the scheme, or for other reasons. And I'm just repeating myself, over
>> and over again, to say all this. Some had agreed, although they didn't
>> believe I should complain of the practice.

>A serious question - is English your first language?

That's not a serious question. It's a personal attack, likely from someone unable to answer the previous questions? Yes?

>I did not agree that academic papers use trivial examples

Then you are free to hold to your minority position.

>Furthermore I do not agree that this is in itself an issue

It is when one is a student.

>Secondly I most strongly disagree any implication that this could be
>masking a problem in the RM.

I said nothing of the sort.

>Finally I categorically reject any inference that I endorse your opinion

So noted. But if one were to speak of added expense in producing 'meaningful' texts and papers, then if one were to so do, it would suggest that the complaint was spot on with regard to what is more readily available. Received on Tue Feb 21 2006 - 22:59:50 CET

Original text of this message