Re: repeating groups

From: dawn <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com>
Date: 21 Feb 2006 09:44:40 -0800

Frank Hamersley wrote:
> dawn wrote:
> > Marshall Spight wrote:
>
> [..]
>
> >The biggest might be that I would still rather start with
> > MV and add in whatever it is you think you must have (provided it
> > doesn't mess things up) while you would like to start with the RM and
> > do similarly. I would rather start with anarchy and add in what
> > additional constraints are helpful instead of starting with locks on
> > all the doors trying to free myself somehow. Cheers! --dawn
>
> Dangnabit! I now realise why I am still unrecognised by my betters and
> have been consigned to produce yet more solutions under increased
> delivery pressure. This article preaches the true way to material gains
> and a relaxed life in management ...
>
> http://www.infoworld.com/article/06/01/31/74876_06OPrecord_1.html
>
> ...and I have strayed. I shall have to mend my ways. Sadly I doubt I
> will be anywhere near the front of the queue at this late stage!

Ah, but you misunderstand where I want to start with anarchy and move from there -- not in the project (where some chaos can be useful), but the flexibility of the tools. In spite of having some appreciation for agile development methods, I still like a written document with functional requirements, data models, risk assessment, etc, even if not a dictionary-sized SRS (system requirements specification). So you are preaching to the choir, even if I'm not wearing the requisite choir robe. Cheers! --dawn Received on Tue Feb 21 2006 - 18:44:40 CET

Original text of this message