GemStone joins ODBMS.ORG as Sponsor

From: bob <bretlb_at_gemstone.com>
Date: 14 Feb 2006 09:45:30 -0800

[ANN] GemStone joins ODBMS.ORG as Sponsor

Beaverton, Oregon - February, 2006 - GemStone Systems, Inc., a leading provider of data infrastructure software, today announced that they have joined the select group of industry sponsors of ODBMS.ORG, a non-profit group which publishes the Internet's most up-to-date educational and research portal on object database technology.

Through the contributions of experts and sponsors, ODBMS.ORG publishes free educational and research information specifically written for developers and architects working with object-oriented programming languages.

"The newest members to ODBMS.ORG contribute to making the portal a
leading resource for object-oriented developers. With our members' support, ODBMS.ORG provides best practices and use cases for implementing object databases in a range of environments - from embedded databases like db4o to the largest server-centric solutions," explains Christof Wittig, CEO of db4objects and President of the non-profit ODBMS.ORG e.V. "Object databases have a solid place in today's computer science curriculum and in the IT industry. It is important that developers understand where relational technology falls short and where an object-oriented persistence approach fosters competitiveness and good software design."

"We are delighted that GemStone has become a sponsor of ODBMS.ORG",
explains Bob Walker, Director of Facets Technologies at GemStone Systems. "We feel that this portal is instrumental in creating a much needed increase in awareness of what Object Oriented Database technology has to offer in today's computing environment."

GemStone Facets is an innovative next generation active database environment providing seamless, highly scalable and transactional persistence for pure Java™ objects. Received on Tue Feb 14 2006 - 18:45:30 CET

Original text of this message