Re: Which are the best books for data structures and algorithms for database

From: falcon <shahbazc_at_gmail.com>
Date: 8 Feb 2006 14:42:45 -0800

How about a book that teaches how to program a database engine. Not an academic text book which mixes theory along with overviews of datastructures and algorithms. I mean a book which teaches how to build a complete DB (sql parser, query engine, file handler, etc.) Perhaps something modeled on the MINIX 3 operating system kernel and the book which explains it in detail: "Operating Systems Design and Implementation, 3/E" by Tanenbaum and Woodhull. I don't expect the final software to compete against Oracle, but it should not be merely an academic excercise either!

uh...this has little to do with the original poster's question or CELKO's idea...but I wanted to put this idea out before I forget :) Received on Wed Feb 08 2006 - 23:42:45 CET

Original text of this message