Re: candidate keys in abstract parent relations

From: David Cressey <dcressey_at_verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 11:45:24 GMT

"paul c" <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac> wrote in message news:C8eAf.411481$ki.362597_at_pd7tw2no...
> Gene Wirchenko wrote:
> > On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 21:41:06 GMT, "David Cressey"
> > <dcressey_at_verizon.net> wrote:
> >

> >>"Forrest L Norvell" <spankysyourpal_at_gmail.com> wrote
> >>
> >>What would a Release look like, if there were no related Album?
> >

> > A single. Songs used to be released on 45s, one per side.

> Yes, and not always one on each side, some 45's had only one song.
> Haven't bought (nor stolen) a song for years, but I seem to remember
> that there have been CD's that have only one 'piece' on them.

I remember just a few 45s that were "extended play" (EP). They had two songs on each side.
I think they made the groove longer, and wound it tighter. I also remember "Albums" of 78s that had one song per side, and the "Album" was a box that contained about 6 discs.

And my grandmother had a 78 that only had one song on one side. It was "La Donna e Mobile" by Caruso. I wish I still had that one.

Next we'll be talking about 8 inch floppies, the ones that really flopped! Received on Sat Jan 21 2006 - 12:45:24 CET

Original text of this message