Re: Announcing New Blog

From: dawn <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com>
Date: 10 Jan 2006 18:17:03 -0800

paul c wrote:
> dawn wrote:
> >
> >>The first installment of the tincat mewsings blog has been posted. It
> >>should be a good read and is guaranteed
> >

> I looked at that. Theme seems to be that Codd is dead. I would like to
> point out that fortunately, some of his disciples aren't.
>
> Although I think RVA's haven't been much explored, I would have liked a
> concrete reason for the NF2 example being better. Otherwise it's more
> polemic than real argument.

I have a at least a year's worth of material in order to address this topic from many angles in blog-sized pieces. There is no way I would be able to take a couple of decades of momentum related to relational theory and make a significant dent in it in one introductory blog, so I hope you will stay tuned. I do intend to have working examples, but I don't expect I'll start by swaying die-hard SQL-DBMS fans, so the cdt crowd might be the hardest sell.

There is surely a lot more missing information than information presented in any given article, but I'll agree with your comment that I have barely scratched the surface on the NF2 issue at this point. Feel free to post comments to the blog too.

Thanks for reading. --dawn Received on Wed Jan 11 2006 - 03:17:03 CET

Original text of this message