Re: Enforcing functional dependecy constraints

From: Jon Heggland <heggland_at_idi.ntnu.no>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:56:20 +0100

In article <H6inf.93094$ki.54920_at_pd7tw2no>, toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac says...
> A quick search seems to indicate that sql server wants a primary key
> reference, db2 wants a candidate key reference. I'm not sure about
> Oracle.

Oracle lets you refer to any UNIQUE column combination, I.e. what you call a "candidate key reference". Note that that phrase is imprecise, though; such UNIQUEs can be superkeys, not just keys. But of course, that holds for primary keys as well in SQL ... :s

--
Jon