Re: Updatable views

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 23:43:27 GMT

x wrote:
> "Rick Elbers" <rick.elbers_at_chello.nl> wrote in message

>>My first try is to find hierarchy in de database by finding the
>>absolute parents assigning them level 0. Parents of my table  are
>>considered those relations in which my foreign key doesnt allow
>>DBNull.

It's the plural use of parent that confuses me. By parents does the OP mean rows in a second table that the first table refers to (eg., A refers to B where many A rows refer to one B row), or does he mean rows of several different tables apart from the first table, for example table A refers to B and table B refers to C or even simpler, multiple recursive 'parents' in the same table?

(I'm trying to figure out if the question involves recursion.)

Thanks,
p Received on Thu Dec 08 2005 - 00:43:27 CET

Original text of this message