From: Jon Heggland <heggland_at_idi.ntnu.no>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 08:51:13 +0100

In article <1133490255.501081.275050_at_g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, michael_at_preece.net says...
> Sorry vc - was it Jon that made that point? Can Jon, or perhaps someone
> else, explain how an empty string differs from a NULL string? I don't
> want to know about a place-holder for a missing string - I mean a
> string that is known to be empty.

It seems you just explained the difference yourself---unless you have redefined NULL according to your own liking. If you define "a NULL string" as the same as "an empty string", then of course there is no difference---by definition! If you don't, though, I think the difference is obvious.

Anyway, we already had that discussion in another branch, didn't we? Why restart it here?

--
Jon