From: Jon Heggland <heggland_at_idi.ntnu.no>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 10:27:55 +0100

In article <1133144977.366762.65540_at_o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>, michael_at_preece.net says...

> I feel your pain. This is, perhaps, similar to discussions that might
> have taken place when the Arabic concept of ZERO was introduced to
> people to whom it was a strange and foreign concept. You have no
> difficulty in dealing with the concept of a NULL string. That's a
> start.

The point I am trying to make is that the empty string is far more like zero than like NULL/empty/"not there", whereas a NULL date or number variable is something very different. Do you claim that zero is the same as NULL (in this context)?

--
Jon