From: Hugo Kornelis <hugo_at_pe_NO_rFact.in_SPAM_fo>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 23:47:02 +0100

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 12:15:26 GMT, FrankHamersley wrote:

(snip)
>G'day Hugo, the thought occurred to me how would the SQL/DBMS products
>which all offer increasing XML integration react to an import of
>
> <Person><Name>Hugo Kornelis</Name><Birthday></Birthday></Person>
>
>immediately followed by export of the resultant object. Do they produce
>
>a) <Person><Name>Hugo Kornelis</Name><Birthday></Birthday></Person>
>b) <Person><Name>Hugo Kornelis</Name></Person>
>c) <Person><Name>Hugo Kornelis</Name><Birthday>NULL</Birthday></Person>
>
>If I get time in the future I will have a fiddle with Sybase ASE XML to
>see what it does. I suspect (a) is the likely answer.

Hi Frank,

Good question.

I'm still hoping for the XML hype to pass, so I have no hands-on experience with how MS has implemented XML integration into SQL Server.

If you do find time to test this, I'll be looking forward to the results.

Best, Hugo

--

(Remove _NO_ and _SPAM_ to get my e-mail address)