From: David Portas <REMOVE_BEFORE_REPLYING_dportas_at_acm.org>
Date: 18 Nov 2005 10:28:28 -0800

> Yes, I acknowledge that we can deal with data without nulls but such an
> approach would be very restricted and inconvenient.

How "restricted"? You haven't provided an example of information that cannot be modelled without nulls (because no such information exists). If you just mean "complex" or "difficult" then say so - I don't really have any more to say on relative complexity than I've already said. "Restricted" implies that the model without nulls has limitations but you still haven't explained what they are.

--
David Portas
SQL Server MVP