From: Hugo Kornelis <hugo_at_pe_NO_rFact.in_SPAM_fo>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 01:41:06 +0100

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 10:27:55 -0600, N. Shamsundar wrote:

(sniip)
>Try this: every logical expression has three possible values, not two as
>in languages such as C, Pascal, Fortran, etc. They are, as you seem to
>have recognized, "TRUE", "FALSE" and "UNKNOWN" (named "NULL" in SQL).

Hi N.,

This is incorrect. "UNKNOWN" is not named "NULL" in SQL. See my long post to Mike.

> If
>you keep this in mind and refrain from using other notions such as the
>NULL in C (a pointer value that you may not dereference, etc.)

Since SQL's Null is a marker or the absence of a value and C's NULL is a pointer to nothing, they are in fact more similar than you seem to suggest here.

Best, Hugo

--

(Remove _NO_ and _SPAM_ to get my e-mail address)