Re: Modelling objects with variable number of properties in an RDBMS

From: Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_ucantrade.com.NOTHERE>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 09:37:49 -0800

On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 06:00:46 -0500, "VC" <boston103_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

>I know that, but what recipe does Roy suggest for, let's say, MS SQL Server
>that does not have either UDTs or other means to implement an entity with a
>higher than the table limit number of attributes, beyond offering a cute
>saying ?

     Are you saying that SQL Server can not model a one-to-one relationship? Slice the tables vertically, and have some of the attributes in one table and some in another.

     That is assuming that the large number of attributes really is necessary. I think it would be worth checking.

[snip]

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko Received on Wed Nov 02 2005 - 18:37:49 CET

Original text of this message