Re: Modelling objects with variable number of properties in an RDBMS

From: Roy Hann <specially_at_processed.almost.meat>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 00:15:49 -0000

"Bernard Peek" <bap_at_shrdlu.com> wrote in message news:9Dc+bybsWUZDFw5n_at_shrdlu.com...

> That's one reason why people keep trying to use it. The second one,
> unfortunately, is that sometimes it's the only alternative. Sometimes
> you just don't know the whole data structure at design-time.

One day, ours will be a real profession, and we'll be allowed to say "sorry, you can't do that" without getting fired. In fact we'll have a legal duty to say it, just like engineers and accountants and proper professionals.

Roy Received on Mon Oct 31 2005 - 01:15:49 CET

Original text of this message