Re: Describing the Janus

From: David Cressey <david.cressey_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 19:29:19 GMT

"vldm10" <vldm10_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1126285453.234671.268750_at_g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

> SQL is pretty different from Relational Model or Logical Model.

For purposes of the present topic, the SQL model and the Relational Model can be viewed as practically identical.

> And a
> query can be created by a procedural language or by a non procedural
> language.

A query can also be created by a programmer. And it typically is.

> I also think that a query should not change a database (there
> is no writing into the database), otherwise it is not a query.

I used the word "request" advisedly. I intended to include "insert", "update", and "delete" as well as "select". Received on Fri Sep 09 2005 - 21:29:19 CEST

Original text of this message