Re: Use of the term "hierarchy"

From: Marshall Spight <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 26 Aug 2005 09:28:00 -0700

Kenneth Downs wrote:
> Marshall Spight wrote:
> >
> > It seems like we're talking about the same thing.
>
> Actually my thrust was that employees are not homogeneous, but we record
> them that way for practical reasons. I was aiming at discovering when we
> use the wrong structures because they are actually easier.

Yes, that's a good point. I think that, fundamental to that point is the question of what's easy for what kind of structure.

(BTW, much of that thread has nothing to do with this question; it went rather far afield. As I said, it was unsatisfying.)

Marshall Received on Fri Aug 26 2005 - 18:28:00 CEST

Original text of this message