Re: Advice on SQL and records

From: Marshall Spight <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 24 Aug 2005 10:10:07 -0700

David Cressey wrote:

> But "language police" invariably obstruct
> clarity of thought rather than facilitating it.
> That's why I made the reference to 1984.

"Invariably" seems too strong a work here. I'd certainly go with "sometimes." But it's often the case (as I think Gene was saying) that clarity of thought *comes from* precise language, and that's what the language police want. (The good ones, anyway.)

Hey, what was your post about the difference between table/row/column and relation/tuple/attribute if not language policing? :-)

Officer Marshall Received on Wed Aug 24 2005 - 19:10:07 CEST

Original text of this message