Re: dbdebunk 'Quote of Week' comment

From: Anne & Lynn Wheeler <lynn_at_garlic.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 08:10:11 -0600

"David Cressey" <david.cressey_at_earthlink.net> writes:
> Hmmm. I started out with an IBM 7090 and a PDP-1 (That's a one, not
> an eleven), From there moving on to PDP-6 and 10, DECsystem-10 and
> 20, and VAX. SQL came much later for me, after Pascal, Datatrieve,
> and VAX Rdb/VMS.

recent posting related to 50th anniv share meeting in boston starting today & having given presentation as undergraduate at the aug68 boston share meeting
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2005o.html#12

part of aug68 presentation
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/94.html#18

share web page
http://www.share.org/

recent posting mentioning platform original relational/sql work was done
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2005o.html#10

other postings about original relational/sql work http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/subtopic.html#systemr

and a recent thread that had some pascal discussion http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2005o.html#11

slightly older thread discussing vax/vms http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2005n.html#10

and even older posting giving number of vax shipments, sliced and diced by model, year, us, non-us
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2002f.html#0