Re: The naive test for equality

From: Marshall Spight <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Aug 2005 10:02:43 -0700

Paul wrote:

> I've kind of lost track of what started this thread in the first place
> now! I think it was just to say I didn't think there was any real
> difference between equality and equivalence relations. Each one defines
> the other.

Equality is a particular type of equivalence relation. It is the kind where every value is its own equivalence class. Put another way, in equality, the equivalence classes all have cardinality 1.

(This is why I call it "simpler," but it's not a big deal.)

Marshall Received on Sat Aug 06 2005 - 19:02:43 CEST

Original text of this message