Re: O'Reilly interview with Date

From: erk <eric.kaun_at_gmail.com>
Date: 5 Aug 2005 09:17:06 -0700

erk wrote:
> dawn wrote:
> > Is there some other more common understanding of all of these terms
> > that would prompt Date to lump an XML database into the same cateory as
> > the Semantic Web, for example?
>
> I'm not sure that

Apparently I was more unsure than I realized. I meant to say that I'm not sure the SW is at odds with XML data structures. SW seems an odd hybrid of a semi-structured naming scheme coupled with a relational pattern... someone here can certainly describe it, and contrast it with other approaches.

But mostly, I'm curious in how you compare the following "data models":

1. The SW
2. XML
3. "Semistructured"

  • erk